Monday 23 March 2015



I Have Stuff!

And like everyone with stuff, I have too much stuff. The problem is how to get rid of stuff. The answer?? Find someplace local which will take it off my hands, and use it for good. This week I am delivering stuff to two places in town.
The first:

The Reuseum
  • 108 W 33rd St
  • Garden City, ID 83714
  • (208) 375-7507
  • Hours: Mon-Sat 10-6,
    Sun 12-5
I recorded a podcast about this place when it first opened at it's original Chinden Blvd location in Garden City, Idaho, but it has moved to a larger property and it is still a fantastic place.

For my purposes, they recycle old electronics and use parts for classes in robot building and other fun activities. One class scheduled for this month is "Bristlebots with Cub Scouts".

Although this is not open to the public, it is a great example of what is offered:
From their website:
Bristlebots with Cub Scouts
ReEd is very pleased to be partnering with Cub Scouts to build Bristlebots!
This workshop is part deconstruction lab and part robot build. Students will learn about extending the useful life of a product, how to safely deconstruct old technology & how to use tools, how to identify key parts and more. The robot build leverages those key parts and a few gems to become the first working robot many of our students have ever built.
This build includes recycling, sustainability, ingenuity, education and fun.
This is a closed event, and is not open to the public. If you are interested in a workshop for your organization, please contact us at info@reuseum.com!

So far I have donated two loads of monitors, keyboards, cables etc.

The next organization I am delivering to this week is:
The Boise Senior Center
Address: 690 Robbins Rd, Boise, ID 83702
I don't want to admit that I am eligible for membership here, so I wont!
The Boise Senior Center provides free and low cost activities for local seniors including a lunch program, free billards, yoga for seniors and a lending library and TV room.
They also have a Thrift Shop and Craft shop, one using donations of household items, clothing, DVD's, videos and CD's. The Craft shop is full of handmade items and craft supplies, made by the seniors themselves.
Today, I am taking over several dozen books and audio books, and next week will be shoes and DVD's. Then I will start on my extra kitchenware!

Please see what organizations you have near you, and help them out by clearing out your extras.

**Photo was taken at the Georgia Historical Center, Atlanta, Georgia**




No comments: